UNH Survey Tool - Qualtrics
The Qualtrics survey tools can be used for a variety of purposes, but there are certain kinds of information that should not be asked for, collected, or stored in the Qualtrics system due to security and legal restrictions. These types include:
- credit card numbers, bank account numbers, or other data to access financial accounts
- Social Security numbers, driver's license numbers, tax identification numbers or other similar "personally identifiable information"
- medical records as defined by HIPPA
- student educational records as defined by FERPA
- passwords used to access UNH or other computer services
- any other data defined as restricted under the USNH Data Classification Policy
UNH's instance of Qualtrics should only be used for surveys or other information gathering that are directly for UNH-related purposes, not for personal or commercial uses. Any use of Qualtrics for academic research are still governed under UNH policies for research and the use of human subjects. The Institutional Review Board has posted some guidance on using Qualtrics for human subjects research.
Users of Qualtrics are responsible for their own surveys and survey data, including proper handling of sensitive information when accessing or downloading data from the service. Please contact the Research Office to access these policies and for assistance.
Support and Training
UNH's license for Qualtrics includes access to the company's support services. If you are new to Qualtrics or need to learn about specific features and capabilities, you can access the online training and documentation at Qualtrics Support. This website includes video tutorials, reference materials, eBooks, and other resources.
If you have questions about using the Qualtrics service that cannot be answered by the online materials, you may contact Qualtrics support via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at 800-340-9194.